SonicPanel supports both SHOUTcast & Icecast streaming, using Auto DJ and live DJ broadcasting. It features an easy to useinterface, web based file manager, advanced statistic reporting and handy embeddable widgets for your website.
What can it do?
As with all software, it has it's limitations, but it also has some great features that broadcasts around the globe find extremely useful. For now - let's focus on the positives!
- Intelligent Auto DJ which will allow you to create logical playlists and schedule your music however you please.
- Comprenhensive statistics to track when & how your listeners are tuning into your radio station.
- Want to speak on the radio without having a microphone? SonicPanel has an inbuilt feature where you can write in what you want to say, and it'll announce it live on air!
These are just a handful of the features that SonicPanel provides, we recommend test driving SonicPanel using our 7 day free trial!
What can it not do?
As we mentioned, all software has limitations; some things are built to behave differently and so it's important to consider some things that the software may not be able to help you with!
- Looking for an advanced automation system? This probably isn't for you. You won't be able to create interruptable playlists or playlists that use third party stream relays.
- SonicPanel does not have FTP built in, meaning if you want to upload a large amount of files to the Auto DJ feature in SonicPanel; you'll have to do it via your web browser.
The final verdict...
SonicPanel is a great piece of software, but it's not without it's drawbacks. The UI can be slightly confusing for the new user, with features hidden away in various different places; it can make navigating the panel quite difficult. It highly resembles cPanel or WHM, if you're used to a web hosting environment.
Some of the extra features, such as text-to-air are a great addition to the panel and I'm sure we'll see more extremely handy features appear soon.
Choosing a control panel can be a daunting process, but don't fear! Our friendly support team are on hand to help. Use our live chat feature or submit a ticket if you have any questions or concerns.